From Erik Hatcher <jakarta-str...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Struts testing problem
Date Tue, 29 Oct 2002 13:54:29 GMT
Below is part of an e-mail thread from the struts-dev list.

Here's the situation - I upgraded to a nightly build of Struts, and that
is the only change.  On Struts 1.1b2 all our Cactus tests succeeded, but
with the nightly build (20021028) they all failed.  Logically you'd
think the problem was with Struts, but our application still worked in
the browser just fine.  Digging a bit deeper, a change was made in part
of the request handling of Struts to call:

	request.getServletPath();

With Struts debugging enabled, I see this is returning "/something.do"
when running through a web browser, but is returning "" when running
through Cactus.

To further confuse issues, I'm using StrutsTestCase on top of Cactus.

I'm assuming something is misconfigured in the Cactus side of things
either with our code or in the StrutsTestCase framework (which may need
some adjustments for the Struts code changes).

Any clues?

Thanks,
	Erik