From Charlene Mitchell <charlene...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject RE: followRedirects is false
Date Thu, 31 Oct 2002 10:27:42 GMT
Hi,

Thanks for the replies - much appreciated.

> Following redirect is off in Cactus as Cactus is a
> unit testing tool.
> Thus the idea is that if one of your method on the
> server side returns a
> 302 HTTP response you should be able to assert that
> in endXXX().

I'm sorry, I don't understand what you mean here.
It is JBoss that is returning a 302 response, not my
application, after redirecting from my test to the
login page and then (presumably) trying to redirect
back to the test.

> That said some persons have expressed a wish to make
> that configurable
> so that follow redirects could be turned on. I think
> it's a good idea. I
> someone wants to submit a patch... :-)
>
> You mention a browser error. How do you start the
> test?

I simply type the URL in my browser as follows:
http://localhost:19201/myapp-ejbtest/ServletTestRunner?suite=my.package.MyBeanTest

The web.xml file knows to redirect all requests to a
login page where I type my username and password and
then I expect to be redirected back to the test.
This is how the application itself works when you
request a web-page before authenticating so I assumed
that the test could work the same way.

I will also try testing from within Ant, as you
suggested (thanks for that), but I'm also interested
in getting it working from the browser too.

Thanks

Charlene

JSESSIONID=bsp7oiipqikl7;Version=1;Path=/myapp-ejbtest;Discard"

http://localhost/myapp-ejbtest/login.html;JSESSIONID=bsp7oiipqikl7"

"http://localhost:19201/myapp-ejbtest/login.html;JSESSIONID=bsp7oiipqikl
> 7"
> > "Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 5.5; Windows NT
> 4.0)"
> > "GET
> > /myapp-

ejbtest/ServletRedirector?Cactus_TestMethod=testConvert&Cactus_TestClass
> =m

y.package.MyBeanTest&Cactus_AutomaticSession=true&Cactus_Service=CALL_TE