From "Woo, Chen Ching" <c...@spss.com>
Subject Newbie Question
Date Thu, 31 Oct 2002 22:30:34 GMT
I need to run a test to verify that certain database records shown up in the response text
after they have added to the database. I don't know the newly added record's unique ID until
runtime. Here's the scenario:

public void testXXX() {

   // the addTestRecordToDatabase() method relies on in-container code such as EJB,JDBC, etc.
So I didn't put it in the
   // beginXXX() method.
   String[] newIDs = addTestRecordToDatabase();
}

public void endXXX() {
  // ideally, I should be able to verify that the newIDs in the response text.
}

My question is, how do I pass the value of the variable "newIDs" from the testXXX() to the
endXXX() method.

I have a feeling I'm doing something fundamentally wrong here.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

chen.