From "Vincent Massol" <vmas...@octo.com>
Subject RE: need help
Date Tue, 01 Oct 2002 07:15:21 GMT
Hi Dinesh,

It seems you're trying to run Cactus sample application tests. However,
you are taking only half of the config. For example, the error below
leads me to believe you have not defined some elements in your web.xml
that are needed for Cactus sample tests.

I would suggest you look at the fully packaged Cactus sample application
(and not just at the java files). You need to pay attention to its
web.xml and web directory as some sample servlets do a forward to a jsp
page there.

Cheers,
-Vincent

15.653
> sec
>     [junit] Testsuite: org.apache.cactus.unit.TestAll
>     [junit] Tests run: 15, Failures: 0, Errors: 1, Time elapsed:
15.653
> sec
>
>     [junit] Testcase: testLongProcess took 4.346 sec
>     [junit] Testcase: testLotsOfData took 10.565 sec
>     [junit] Testcase: testAssertionFailedError took 0.151 sec
>     [junit] Testcase: testExceptionNotSerializable took 0.05 sec
>     [junit] Testcase: testExceptionSerializable took 0.03 sec
>     [junit] Testcase: testNoAutomaticSessionCreation took 0.09 sec
>     [junit] Testcase: testMultiValueParameters took 0.05 sec
>     [junit] Testcase: testWriteOutputStream took 0.04 sec
>     [junit] Testcase: testSetConfigParameter took 0.04 sec
>     [junit] Testcase: testGetServletName took 0.04 sec
>     [junit] Testcase: testSendMultivaluedHeader took 0.03 sec
>     [junit] Testcase: testGetResponseAsStringMultiLines took 0.04 sec
>     [junit] Testcase: testGetResponseAsStringArrayMultiLines took 0.05
sec
>     [junit] Testcase: testCookieEncoding took 0.06 sec
>     [junit] Testcase: testGetRequestDispatcherFromNamedDispatcherOK
took
> 0.051 s
> ec
>     [junit]     Caused an ERROR
>     [junit] null
>     [junit] java.lang.NullPointerException
>     [junit]     at
> org.apache.cactus.unit.TestServletTestCase2.testGetRequestDis
> patcherFromNamedDispatcherOK(Unknown Source)
>     [junit]     at
> org.apache.cactus.AbstractTestCase.runServerTest(AbstractTest
> Case.java:332)
>     [junit]     at
> org.apache.cactus.AbstractTestCase.runBareServerTest(Abstract
> TestCase.java:235)
>     [junit]     at
> org.apache.cactus.server.AbstractWebTestCaller.doTest(Abstrac
> tWebTestCaller.java:149)
>     [junit]     at
> org.apache.cactus.server.AbstractWebTestController.dispatch87

_handleRequest(AbstractWebTestController.java;org/apache/cactus/util/log
/L
> og
> Aspe
> ct.aj(1k):125)

test.all. I
> am
> 	> getting
> 	> the following error. After these messages:
> 	>
> 	> test.tomcat.40:
> 	> start.tomcat.40:
> 	>
> 	> please help.
> 	> Thanks.
> 	>
> 	> Error is:
> 	>
> 	> [java] WebappLoader[/test]: Deploy JAR /WEB-INF/lib/log4j.jar
> 	E:\jakart
> 	>
> -cactus-13-1.4\sample-servlet\.\target\test\tomcat40\webapps\test\WEB-
> 	> INF\li
> 	> b\l
> 	> g4j.jar
> 	>      [java] StandardManager[/test]: Seeding random number
> generator
> 	class
> 	> java.
> 	> ecurity.SecureRandom
> 	>      [java] StandardManager[/test]: Seeding of random number
> generator
> 	has
> 	> been
> 	> completed
> 	>      [java] ERROR reading java.io.ByteArrayInputStream@7d5d2a
> 	>      [java] At Line 22 /web-app/servlet/
> 	>
> 	>      [java] ContextConfig[/test]: Configuration error in
> application
> 	> web.xml
> 	>      [java] java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: addChild:
Child
> name
> 	> 'ServletR
> 	> director' is not unique
> 	>      [java] java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: addChild:
Child
> name
> 	> 'ServletR
> 	> director' is not unique
> 	>
> 	>
> 	>
> 	> DISCLAIMER: Information contained and transmitted by this
E-MAIL
> is
> 	> proprietary to Mascot Systems Limited and is intended for use
only
> by
> 	the
> 	> individual or entity to which it is addressed, and may contain
> 	information
> 	> that is privileged, confidential or exempt from disclosure
under
> 	> applicable
> 	> law. If this is a forwarded message, the content of this
E-MAIL
> may
> 	not
> 	> have
> 	> been sent with the authority of the Company. If you are not
the
> 	intended
> 	> recipient, an agent of the intended recipient or a person
> responsible
> 	for
> 	> delivering the information to the named recipient, you are
> notified
> 	that
> 	> any
> 	> use, distribution, transmission, printing, copying or
> dissemination of
> 	> this
> 	> information in any way or in any manner is strictly
prohibited. If