From "Vincent Massol" <vmas...@octo.com>
Subject RE: Particular Configuration Problem
Date Tue, 08 Oct 2002 20:00:12 GMT
Marco,

There is now only one official and standard way of deploying
applications in a servlet container: it is the WAR packaging. I would
really recommend you do so. It is *very* to do using Ant (simply use the
Ant war task).

If you still don't want to do that (and I can't think of any reason why
not :-)), then the solution is different for each container. The one you
have seems adequate for Tomcat. Just bear in mind that you will then
have to put all cactus jars in the system classpath (or other top level
classloader). Having a webapp allows to isolate classes and jars as each
webapp has its own classloader.

Hope it helps,
-Vincent

location="${app.classes}"/>
> so that I can find my own application classes?
>
> Thanks a lot and sorry for asking basic questions,
> marco

If I
> <>do
> <>> <>that
> <>> <>> everything works, but, ideally I should not modify that
web.xml.
> <>> <>Instead,
> <>> <>> I should create another application (testing application) (in
> <>webapps
> <>> <>for
> <>> <>> example) where I create
> <>> <>> the web.xml which defines the redirectors (instead of
modifying
> <>the
> <>> <>> deployed
> <>> <>> application web.xml) and
> <>> <>> place a build.xml that runs the tests through ANT.
> <>> <>>
> <>> <>
> <>> <>Ideally, yes ... but not in the current cactus. The strategy is
> <>have
> <>> <>ant scripts that create 2 wars : one for production and one for
> <>testing.
> <>> <>
> <>> <>> THE PROBLEM is that in order to have the redirectors found,
have