From "Vincent Massol" <vmas...@octo.com>
Subject RE: [PROPOSAL]apache xml stylebook output (HTMLPrinter and Xalan2Processor) encoding configurability
Date Mon, 21 Oct 2002 08:45:23 GMT

[snip]

> Above all, thanks for your interest in and guidance for Jakarta-Seoul
> project. The lead of Jakarta-Seoul Project will have emailed to
> general@apache.org by tomorrow to officially ask to add a link to
> jakarta.apache-korea.org on jakarta.apache.org. I believe soon the
link
> will appear on the site. (The vice versa already exists though. :-)

cool. I've also emailed on the stylebook committer to try to get your
patch applied.

[snip]

> > FYI, there is also a todo item on Cactus list which is to move from
> > Stylebook to DVSL/Anakia.
> >
> I checked out http://jakarta.apache.org/cactus/todo.html and
cactus-dev
> mailing list only to find no further information as the above sentence
> referred to. Anyways, if there's need for help with the job, I'd like
> volunteer contributing to it. Actually I'm now using Velocity-Anakia
for
> documenting jakarta-site2 for Korean, and from the experience I also
> feel the performance and potential of Anakia in terms of XSLT
> capability.

Oops. I'm sure I had put it in the past but you're right it has vanished
! :-) Oh, I think I removed it and put inside the "move to maven" item.
However, the move to Maven will in any case require that we transform
our xdocs.

IAS, I would love it if you could help us on that. I'll add the item
again and put your name as volunteer.

Here's what I propose: you send patches to the cactus ML for modifying
the build process to use Velocity-Anakia for doc generation. We will
also need to transform our xdocs xml files as the DTD is not exactly the
same. After you start and show me some transformed xml docs, I will help
you (as there are quite a few docs to modify) and we'll finish it
together.

I propose that whenever you have something ready, you send it to the ML
and I'll commit it in Cactus in another branch and once we've finished
the full migration, we'll merge it to the main branch, replacing the
current stylebook.

How's that?

Thanks a lot
-Vincent