From "Mark Wehby" <mwe...@TRIPLEI.COM>
Subject Weblogic Commerce Server/unusually configuration (newbie alert)
Date Tue, 08 Oct 2002 14:43:43 GMT
I am new to Cactus and relatively new to Weblogic Commerce Server.  I am having the following
problem with Cactus.  I can get the SampleServlet and TestSampleServlet working on the server.
 The project is using Weblogic 6.0 and Commerce Server 3.5

The problem I am having revolves around the way the project I am trying to write unit tests
for is deployed to the server.  The classes are deployed to WebLogicCommerce3.5/classes directory.
 The EJB's are deployed to WebLogicCommerce3.5\config\wlcsDomain\applications\wlcsApp directory
as .jar files.  The .jsp files are deployed to WebLogicCommerce3.5\config\wlcsDomain\applications\wlcsApp\wlcs
directory.  This works because the WebLogicCommerce3.5/classes directory is put into the Server
classpath.

When I deployed the SampleServlet, I created the following directory structure under the WebLogicCommerce3.5\config\wlcsDomain\applications\wlcsApp\wlcs\WEB-INF
   .   I added a classes directory with the underlying subdirectories needed for the package...
  i.e.  classes/com/.../TestClass.class

What I would like to do is deploy the test classes under the WEB-INF directory.  When I do
this, I get a ClassNotFoundException.  The ServletRunner is finding the *Test.class, but it
isn't finding the class I am testing, which is in the WebLogicCommerce3.5/classes directory.

As a second appoach, I could deploy the test classes with my other classes underneath the
WebLogicCommerce3.5/classes directory.  When I try to do this I get a ClassNotFoundException.
 The ServletRunner class is found, it is not finding the *Test class.

If I put the test class in the WEB-INF... directory, it will find it, but it doesn't find
the class I am trying to test, which is in the WebLogicCommerce3.5/classes diretory.  If I
put the class I am trying to test under the WEB-INF directory, everything works fine.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
     Mark