From "Robertson, Jason" <Jason.Robert...@acs-inc.com>
Subject RE: Disabling Log Messages
Date Thu, 26 Sep 2002 15:44:21 GMT
I had a similar issue when I upgraded to 1.4.1 the other day. The content of
the request and response were showing up as "INFO" log statements even
though I had cactus and commons-httpclient log levels set to "WARN".

I haven't looked at the httpclient code, but my suspicion is that there's
something in there configured wrong and the logger that being used has an
incorrect name or something.

When I turned the global level to WARN, the statements went away, so I'm
obviously just not configuring the right category, but the right category
should be org.apache.commons.httpclient (shouldn't it?).

Jason

-----Original Message-----
From: Steve Appling [mailto:steve100@appling.org]
Sent: Thursday, September 26, 2002 9:01 AM
To: cactus-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Disabling Log Messages

By default I am seeing the content of the HTTP responses to my tests on
stderr.  I assume this is being logged through the SimpleLog logger, but I
have been unsuccessful disabling it.  I have tried
using -Dorg.apache.commons.logging.Log=org.apache.commons.logging.impl.NoOpL
og, but that seems to have no impact.  I also tried changing the logging
level with -Dorg.apache.commons.logging.simplelog.defaultlog=fatal, but that
also did nothing.  What level are these messages being logged at?  How do I
stop it.

This would be a good topic on the howto_config.html page.  BTW, the "Jakarta
Commons Logging" link on that page in the documentation is currently
broken - it needs a ".html" at the end of the URL.