From "Robertson, Jason" <Jason.Robert...@acs-inc.com>
Subject Form Authentication
Date Thu, 12 Sep 2002 11:57:51 GMT
Here's a FormAuthentication implementation that doesn't need any rework of
the standard flow. The only modification needed to make this compile is to
make the base class AbstractAuthentication's member variables 'theName' and
'thePassword' protected instead of private.

This is a first pass. It's short on comments, and has some debugging code
temporarily commented out, but it works. At least for me, on WebLogic 7.0.
:)

I'll comment it and express some minor concerns especially with regards to
various app servers in the coming days, but I thought I'd throw this out
now.

I tried to include a sample ear that has a basic example, but the war's lib
directory is too big and it bounced. So I've included the project, just
adjust the jar file properties in build.xml to make it all work.

Jason