From Qingxian Wang <qingxian_w...@sunsystems.com>
Subject RE: MBeans with Junit
Date Tue, 24 Sep 2002 09:47:19 GMT
In my experience, JUnit is sufficient for MBean integration test.  It is
similar to write normal test cases.

Qingxian

-----Original Message-----
From: Prabodh Goel [mailto:prabodhgoel@yahoo.com]
Sent: 24 September 2002 10:26
To: Cactus Users List
Subject: RE: MBeans with Junit

Hi Vincent,

I want to write integration unit tests with Mbean (JMX
stuff). If it is possible with just junit, then why I
should go for Cactus as you said it is better.
Kindly explain

Thanks
- Prabodh

--- Vincent Massol <vmassol@octo.com> wrote:
> Hi Prabodh,
>
> As you know MBeans are simply java beans. As such
> they be unit tested
> with JUnit (no need for Cactus).
>
> Now, if you want to write integration unit tests
> like unit testing a
> method that registers an MBean against the MBean
> server of WebLogic (for
> exemple), then Cactus is a good choice.
>
> -Vincent

solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. If
you have received this e-mail in error you must not copy, distribute or take
any action in reliance on it. Please notify the sender by e-mail or
telephone.
We utilise an anti-virus system and therefore any files sent via e-mail will
have been checked for known viruses. You are however advised to run your own
virus check before opening any attachments received as we will not in any
event accept any liability whatsoever once an e-mail and/or any attachment
is received. Any views expressed by an individual within this e-mail do not
necessarily reflect the views of Systems Union Group plc or any of its
subsidiary companies.