From "Ady Das-O'Toole" <Ady.Dasoto...@viant.com>
Subject Re:TestSuite Class not found problem - JBuilder5/Tomcat/Cactus
Date Mon, 23 Sep 2002 19:52:47 GMT
I get the following error when I attempt to run a unit test suite
" Failed to load test suite [SomeclassCommandTestSuite], Reason is [Class not found "SomeclassCommandTestSuite"}
"

- I have the following jars in my classpath
aspectjrt
cactus
commons-logging
junit

- My web.xml file has the required servlet settings
 <servlet>
    <servlet-name>ServletTestRunner</servlet-name>
    <servlet-class>org.apache.cactus.server.runner.ServletTestRunner</servlet-class>
  </servlet>
<servlet-mapping>
    <servlet-name>ServletRedirector</servlet-name>
    <url-pattern>/ServletRedirector</url-pattern>
  </servlet-mapping>

- and my test classes are under web-inf/classes/Someclass

But running the following servlet always produced the ClassNotFoundError :" Failed to load
test suite [SomeclassCommandTestSuite], Reason is [Class not found "SomeclassCommandTestSuite"}
"

http://localhost:8080/testApp/ServletTestRunner?suite=SomeclassCommandTestSuite

I reckon it's to do with the classpath of my testsuite not being read by the server.

Any suggestons on a fix for this will be much appreciated.

Ady Das O'Toole
Viant - Boston