From "Wagle, Shriniwas" <swa...@verisign.com>
Subject RE: Why can't I see JSESSIONID cookie in the WebResponse?
Date Wed, 18 Sep 2002 21:32:45 GMT
Charles,

I'm using Cactus 1.4.1 & Dynamo 5.1 which is servlet api compliant.

I'm having some problems with Dynamo administration and while I try to
figure that out, this is what I observed :
I had set the sessions to be auto invalidated in 15 min.  In the normal
course of the application using a browser, I can see messages on the console
whenever the session is invalidated.  I did not see that happen while
running the test cases, which I'm running using junit.textui.TestRunner.

But how is it possible that a new session is not being created?
I don't think WebRequest.setAutomaticSession(false) can have any impact
because the application is responsible to create a new session if one does
not already exist.

Thanks
Shriniwas