From Prabodh Goel <prabodhg...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: Null Pointer Exception in initial How to setup
Date Mon, 16 Sep 2002 15:03:37 GMT
Hi Vincent

I am sorry the exceptions I had sent was wrong... It
is actually Null pointer exception which you were
getting. Is there any solution for it ? Please reply

Thanks
Prabodh

--- Vincent Massol <vmassol@octo.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> As the stack trace says, you're "Missing HTTP
> parameter [suite] in
> request". If you check
> http://jakarta.apache.org/cactus/howto_tomcat.html,
> you'll see that the
> URL to call has a "suite" parameter.
>
> -Vincent

org.apache.cactus.server.runner.ServletTestRunner.dispatch91_doGet(Servl
> et

TestRunner.java;org/apache/cactus/util/log/LogAspect.aj(1k):107)
> > 	at

org.apache.cactus.server.runner.ServletTestRunner.around91_doGet(Servlet
> Te

stRunner.java;org/apache/cactus/util/log/LogAspect.aj(1k):1156)
> > 	at

org.apache.cactus.server.runner.ServletTestRunner.doGet(ServletTestRunne
> r.

java;org/apache/cactus/util/log/LogAspect.aj(1k):101)
> > 	at

javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:740)
> > 	at

> > 	at

> ti
> > onFilterChain.java:247)
> > 	at

> er
> > Chain.java:193)
> > 	at

> e.
> > java:243)
> > 	at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.ja
> va
> > :566)
> > 	at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:4
> 72
> > )
> > 	at

org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:943)
> > 	at

> e.
> > java:190)
> > 	at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.ja
> va
> > :566)
> > 	at

org.apache.catalina.valves.CertificatesValve.invoke(CertificatesValve.ja
> va
> > :246)
> > 	at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.ja
> va
> > :564)
> > 	at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:4
> 72
> > )
> > 	at

org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:943)
> > 	at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.invoke(StandardContext.java:234
> 7)
> > 	at

> :1
> > 80)
> > 	at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.ja
> va
> > :566)
> > 	at

org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorDispatcherValve.invoke(ErrorDispatcherVa
> lv
> > e.java:170)
> > 	at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.ja
> va
> > :564)
> > 	at

> :1
> > 70)
> > 	at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.ja
> va
> > :564)
> > 	at

org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(AccessLogValve.java:468
> )
> > 	at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.ja
> va
> > :564)
> > 	at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:4
> 72
> > )
> > 	at

org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:943)
> > 	at

> ja
> > va:174)
> > 	at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.ja
> va
> > :566)
> > 	at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:4
> 72
> > )
> > 	at

org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:943)
> > 	at

org.apache.catalina.connector.http.HttpProcessor.process(HttpProcessor.j
> av
> > a:1027)
> > 	at

org.apache.catalina.connector.http.HttpProcessor.run(HttpProcessor.java: