From "Vincent Massol" <vmas...@octo.com>
Subject RE: Why can't I see JSESSIONID cookie in the WebResponse?
Date Thu, 26 Sep 2002 11:04:34 GMT
Hi Shriniwas,

I have added a new test to the Cactus test suite in order to verify that
I can read the session id being sent back as a cookie. Here's the test:

    public void testVerifyJsessionid()
    {
        // By default, Cactus will create an HTTP session.
    }

    public void endVerifyJsessionid(WebResponse theResponse)
    {
        assertNotNull(theResponse.getCookieIgnoreCase("jsessionid"));
    }

I've tested it with Resin 2.x, Tomcat 3.x and Tomcat 4.x and they all
work fine.

So either your code is not creating an HTTP session or there is
something not standard with Dynamo.

If you use WebRequest.setAutomaticSession(false) then you need to write
request.getSession(true) in your code in order to create a session.

-Vincent

junit.textui.TestRunner,