From "Sean Schofield" <sean.schofi...@verizon.net>
Subject Newbie Cactus Questions
Date Tue, 24 Sep 2002 17:54:05 GMT
I'm new to Cactus and I have two basic questions?

1)  Is it permissible/advisable to call another "helper" method from your testXXX() method.
 I know there is setUp() and begin() but this is basically a situation where I have 3 related
testXXX() methods but I need to set the request parameter differently depending on each of
the cases.

2)  I'm not sure if this is appropriate but basically I have a series of reports that my app
generates and I'm trying to use cactus to generate each of them.  I could test the basic functionality
of each step with a single example but sometimes we run into problems where a specific report
is not available because the table in the DB was changed or a stored procedure was removed,
etc.  Is it appropriate to use cactus for this sort of thing?

TIA,

- sean