From "Steve Appling" <steve...@appling.org>
Subject Disabling Log Messages
Date Thu, 26 Sep 2002 13:00:35 GMT
By default I am seeing the content of the HTTP responses to my tests on
stderr.  I assume this is being logged through the SimpleLog logger, but I
have been unsuccessful disabling it.  I have tried
using -Dorg.apache.commons.logging.Log=org.apache.commons.logging.impl.NoOpL
og, but that seems to have no impact.  I also tried changing the logging
level with -Dorg.apache.commons.logging.simplelog.defaultlog=fatal, but that
also did nothing.  What level are these messages being logged at?  How do I
stop it.

This would be a good topic on the howto_config.html page.  BTW, the "Jakarta
Commons Logging" link on that page in the documentation is currently
broken - it needs a ".html" at the end of the URL.