From "Vidya Deshmukh" <vid...@bsil.com>
Subject RE: Cactus wth cocoon help.
Date Fri, 27 Sep 2002 05:00:01 GMT

Hi Vincent,
   I want to test an application which uses cocoon framework , for now I am
just accessing the middle page of application and trying to test wheather
session is valid or present for a perticular user or not. But I am not able
to access that page thro' cactus and rather not getting any session object
after accessing that page,

here is my code....

import junit.framework.Test;
import junit.framework.TestSuite;

import org.apache.cactus.ServletTestCase;
import org.apache.cactus.WebRequest;
mport javax.servlet.RequestDispatcher;
import javax.servlet.ServletException;
import javax.servlet.http.HttpSession;
import javax.servlet.ServletConfig;

public class TestLogin extends ServletTestCase
{
  public TestLogin(String theName)
  {
    super(theName);
  }

  String loginUrl = "/test/admin/index.jsp";
  String logoutUrl = "/test/logout.jsp";
  String errMsgUrl = "/test/index.jsp?error='Please Enter Login and
Password' ";

  /**
   * initialize parameters
   */
  public void beginValidateLogin(WebRequest webRequest)
  {
    webRequest.addParameter("username", "aol");
    webRequest.addParameter("password", "secret");
  }

  /**
   * test to check wheather session is valid or not and verify that by
   * default the session implicit object is available and can be used.
   */
  public void testValidateLogin() throws ServletException
  {
    try
    {

      //ServletConfig theConfig;
      RequestDispatcher dispatch =
config.getServletContext().getRequestDispatcher("/test/do-login");
      dispatch.forward(request, response);

      HttpSession session = request.getSession(false);
        assertNotNull(session);

        // Perform verification that test was successful
        assertEquals("aol",session.getAttribute("IDENTITY"));
        assertEquals("admin",session.getAttribute("ROLE"));
    }
    catch (Exception ex)
    {
      System.out.println("Exception" + ex);
      // ex.printStackTrace();
    } // end of catch
  } // end of test method

  /**
   * test to check wheather user has successfully logged out.
   */
  public void testLogout() throws ServletException
  {
    try
    {
      RequestDispatcher dispatch =
this.config.getServletContext().getRequestDispatcher(logoutUrl);
      dispatch.include(request, response);
      assertNotNull(session.getAttribute("IDENTITY"));
    } // end of try
    catch (Exception se)
    {
      System.out.println(se);
    } // end of catch

  } // end of test method
  public static Test suite()
  {
    return new TestSuite(TestLogin.class);
  }
}

Tell me if I am doing anything wrong out here.....