From "Larry Tambascio" <ltambas...@charter.net>
Subject problem using include
Date Tue, 27 Aug 2002 15:16:45 GMT
Greetings fellow Cacti (sounds better than cactus'ers),

I'm not sure if I'm misunderstanding something.  I've
gotten a couple of simple ServletTestCases up and going,
so I'm pretty confident about the setup.  Moving on to
more substantial tests, I'm running into a problem.  My
company has inherited (putting it nicely :-)) a
struts-like framework.  I've tried instantiating the
controller servlet in my test case, but run into problems.
 To circumvent that, I've tried passing on the request and
response objects to the "actual" instance of the
controller servlet that starts with Tomcat using the
include method, as follows.

config.getServletContext().getRequestDispatcher(request.getRequestURI()).include(request,

response);

Pretty ugly, I know.  I'm going to clean it up once I get
it working.  :-)  In my setUp method, I print out the
request.getRequestURI, and it shows me the value I expect,
which I initialized in my beginXxx method.  The controller
servlet barfs, however, because it knows nothing about
"/ServletRedirector" in the application configuration
file, and it shouldn't.  Based upon my reading of the
documentation, I thought that the URL I setup in my
beginXxx method (using request.setURL()) would be passed
on to any included or forwarded request.  Am I incorrect
in understanding how the include works??

Cactus v13-1.4  Tomcat v4.0.1 jdk 1.3.1_04.

Thanks,
-Larry