From "Kumar_maniranjan" <Kumar_maniran...@infosys.com>
Subject Getting nullPointerException in action forward...
Date Tue, 13 Aug 2002 11:17:49 GMT
Hi alan,
I m facing the same error while trying to run struts test case. In fact
we are not using form-beans at all. Can u please guide us, where to
over-ride this method, in the test class or application's action class?

Waiting for a faster reply,
Maniranjan Kumar

Hi,
In my case the problem was caused by the default validation routine in
ActionForm. If this method is not overidden in your code then the
default method returns a null and this seems to be th root of the null
pointer problem.
I overrode this method as follows:-
public ActionErrors validate(ActionMapping mapping,HttpServletRequest
request)
{
 return new ActionErrors();
}