From "Wang, Kevin" <KW...@TMRS.org>
Subject RE: LogConfigurationException due to ClassCastException in common s-logging
Date Wed, 14 Aug 2002 20:02:44 GMT
Vincent,

Please find the attached very simple package that I used to test
Cactus-1.2-1.4b1. However, I got the same LogConfigurationException from
running the sample test that came with Cactus. The exception occurs only
with running junit.swingui.TestRunner and awtgui.TestRunner.
junit.textui.TestRunner and
org.apache.cactus.server.runner.ServletTestRunner (via browser) both run
without exceptions.

Thanks.
Kevin Wang

-----Original Message-----
From: Vincent Massol [mailto:vmassol@octo.com]
Sent: Wednesday, August 14, 2002 2:13 AM
To: 'Cactus Users List'
Subject: RE: LogConfigurationException due to ClassCastException in
commons-logging

Hum, I haven't found the answer to this yet. BTW you may not need a
commons-logging properties file at all. Simply have log4j in your
classpath and it will work (I think - At least it does for me). I will
give it a try with the commons-logging properties to see if that is the
issue (but it shouldn't).

Would you have a fully packaged sample project that I could use to
reproduce the bug ?

Thanks
-Vincent

org.apache.commons.logging.LogFactory.newFactory(LogFactory.java:505)
> at
org.apache.commons.logging.LogFactory.getFactory(LogFactory.java:340)
> at org.apache.commons.logging.LogFactory.getLog(LogFactory.java:381)
at
> org.apache.cactus.AbstractTestCase.runBare(AbstractTestCase.java:188)
>
> It looks like a simple logging config problem. However, the logging
works
> well by itself.
>
> Here is my cactus.properties:
> cactus.contextURL=http://localhost:8080/NextGenWebTest
> cactus.servletRedirectorName=ServletRedirector
> cactus.jspRedirectorName=JspRedirector
>
> commons-logging.properties:

#org.apache.commons.logging.Log=org.apache.commons.logging.impl.SimpleLo

org.apache.commons.logging.Log=org.apache.commons.logging.impl.Log4JCate
go