From Shane Duan <sd...@borland.com>
Subject Log properites setup in Cactus 1.4
Date Tue, 06 Aug 2002 07:40:28 GMT
Is it possible to make the client and server use the same
log4j.properties file but still keep different output file name?

In JBuilder, all resource files are copied automatically to the output
directory.  It is not that easy to specify that certain file needs to be
included in client classpath and certain file needs to be in the web
archive file (web archive file is built from the output directory).  I
could create an Ant script and configure JBuilder to run it every time
it does the compile, but it is just such a hassle not to mention I have
to explain to others.

If instead of property "log4j.appender.cactus.File", two properties,
maybe "log4j.appender.cactus.server.File" and
"log4j.appender.cactus.client.File" are used to specify the server and
client log file, it is be a lot better.

Thanks.
Shane

--
Disclaimer:  I join all the news groups out of my own interest.  All opinions expressed here
are my own and not necessarily those of my employer.

Borland -- Enabling the digital world where our customers have the freedom of choice to develop,
deploy, and integrate applications across the enterprise and  the Internet. http://www.borland.com

This e-mail, and any attachments thereto, is intended only for use by the addressee(s) named
herein and may contain legally privileged and/or confidential information.  If you are not
the intended recipient of this e-mail, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution
or copying of this e-mail, and any attachments thereto, is strictly prohibited.  If you have
received this e-mail in error, please immediately and permanently delete the original and
any copy of any e-mail and any printout thereof.