From "Woo, Chen Ching" <c...@spss.com>
Subject RE: Must I run the Cactus unit test ? (Newbie alert)
Date Thu, 29 Aug 2002 20:31:05 GMT
Thanks Vincent.

I have the following questions regarding running the cactus unit tests along with my other
tests. I am running Orion 1.5.2 and jakarta-cactus-13-1.4b1.

1. For my application, the 'cactus.contextURL' is set to  http://localhost:80/myapp, this
causes the following error (among others) when I tried to run the cactus unit tests using
Ant.  I guess the testcase testGetRequestDispatcherFromNamedDispatcherOK is looking for the
servlet named "TestJsp" under the /myapp context, which is not specified in its web.xml. How
do I get around this problem ?

    [junit] Testcase: testCookieEncoding took 0.11 sec
    [junit] Testcase: testGetRequestDispatcherFromNamedDispatcherOK took 0.13 sec
    [junit]     FAILED
    [junit] unable to get NamedDispatcher : TestJsp
    [junit] junit.framework.AssertionFailedError: unable to get NamedDispatcher : TestJsp
    [junit]     at org.apache.cactus.unit.TestServletTestCase2.testGetRequestDispatcherFromNamedDispatcherOK(Unknown
Source)
    [junit]     at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    [junit]     at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
    [junit]     at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
    [junit]     at org.apache.cactus.AbstractTestCase.runServerTest(AbstractTestCase.java:332)
    [junit]     at org.apache.cactus.AbstractTestCase.runBareServerTest(AbstractTestCase.java:235)
    [junit]     at org.apache.cactus.server.AbstractWebTestCaller.doTest(AbstractWebTestCaller.java:149)

2. Can I change the value of the 'cactus.contextURL' on the fly so that it'll point to the
right context at run time ? If so, how do I do this in Ant ?

3. What is the best way to run the test.war out of the box along with other tests.

Thank you in advance for your help.

chen-ching woo.