From "Koegel, Michael" <Michael.Koe...@partner.commerzbank.com>
Subject AW: Newbie Help with viewing XSL in browser
Date Thu, 22 Aug 2002 08:50:08 GMT
Hi,

I would prefer to have the name of the stylesheet as a <init-param> in
web.xml for the ServletTestRunner.
If the parameter (report-xsl for example) exists use the value as the
stylesheet if not don't transform.
This way users can easily customize the stylesheet.

--MK

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Vincent Massol [mailto:vmassol@octo.com]
Gesendet am: Donnerstag, 22. August 2002 10:36
An: 'Cactus Users List'; dave@redsquirrel.com
Betreff: RE: Newbie Help with viewing XSL in browser

Hi Dave,

http://localhost:8080/test/ServletTestRunner?suite=TestSampleServlet&xsl
=j
> unit-
> noframes.xsl
>
> and was given an error message from IE 5.5.  I did some searching
> and found that IE 5.5 doesn't support XSL:

oh. I didn't know that. What we could for the next version is add the
XSL transformation in the test runner itself so that it will generate
HTML that will work for all browsers. As this requires an XML parser and
an XSLT engine, we would leave that as an option: for example we would
add a "transform=true" parameter on the query string. What do you think
of this?

> http://www.w3schools.com/xsl/xsl_browsers.asp
>
> They recommended upgrading to IE 6, so I did.  I tried it again and
> received this message:
>
> The XML page cannot be displayed
> Cannot view XML input using XSL style sheet. Please correct the error
> and then click the Refresh button, or try again later.
> --------
> System does not support the specified encoding.
>

> When I view source, it looks like valid XML to me, although I'm no
> expert.  What am I doing wrong?

Not sure. There was a bug in Cactus 1.4beta where the <xml> tag came
after the <xsl> one. This is fixed in the nightly builds and will be in
the 1.4 final (that I need to get out as soon as I find 2 hours ...)

Maybe you could send the source from your browser (view source).

Thanks
-Vincent