From "Vincent Massol" <vmas...@octo.com>
Subject RE: LogConfigurationException due to ClassCastException in commons-logging
Date Wed, 14 Aug 2002 07:12:49 GMT
Hum, I haven't found the answer to this yet. BTW you may not need a
commons-logging properties file at all. Simply have log4j in your
classpath and it will work (I think - At least it does for me). I will
give it a try with the commons-logging properties to see if that is the
issue (but it shouldn't).

Would you have a fully packaged sample project that I could use to
reproduce the bug ?

Thanks
-Vincent

org.apache.commons.logging.LogFactory.newFactory(LogFactory.java:505)
> at
org.apache.commons.logging.LogFactory.getFactory(LogFactory.java:340)
> at org.apache.commons.logging.LogFactory.getLog(LogFactory.java:381)
at
> org.apache.cactus.AbstractTestCase.runBare(AbstractTestCase.java:188)
>
> It looks like a simple logging config problem. However, the logging
works
> well by itself.
>
> Here is my cactus.properties:
> cactus.contextURL=http://localhost:8080/NextGenWebTest
> cactus.servletRedirectorName=ServletRedirector
> cactus.jspRedirectorName=JspRedirector
>
> commons-logging.properties:

#org.apache.commons.logging.Log=org.apache.commons.logging.impl.SimpleLo

org.apache.commons.logging.Log=org.apache.commons.logging.impl.Log4JCate
go