From "Vincent Massol" <vmas...@octo.com>
Subject RE: Missing service name parameter [Cactus_Service]
Date Fri, 02 Aug 2002 06:58:21 GMT
Hi Deepak,

Thanks for your help. Just a minor correction though: Cactus do *not*
require you, as a user to set up a Cactus_Service parameter in the
request. This is done automatically by the Cactus client side.

In runservertests, you need to specify a valid URL that runservertests
can ping to decide if the server is running or not (this is independent
of Cactus). It happens that we are testing with Cactus and thus we know
for sure that we will have mapped the Cactus redirector servlet in
web.xml as this is requisite. Thus, I have added a simple Test service
in the Cactus servlet redirector to help detect when the server is up.

But if you forget this story of getting the server up, you should never
have to mess with the Cactus_Service HTTP parameter, which is used
internally.

Kumar, in your case, there are 2 possibilities :

- either you are not calling Cactus throught the Cactus client side
(i.e. you're opening a browser for example)
- or you have different versions of Cactus on the server side and on the
client side.

Cheers,
-Vincent