From "Vincent Massol" <vmas...@octo.com>
Subject RE: Testing EJB local interfaces
Date Wed, 07 Aug 2002 07:25:37 GMT
Hi Michael,

You're completely right. Using our Cactus redirector servlet as a way
inside the EJB container only works for Local interfaces if everyone is
running in the same JVM. This is a current limitation (maybe we should
add it somewhere on the web site).

This is why I had never been completely satisfied with this approach and
it's the reason I have always wanted to add the EJBRedirector stuff that
is on the TODO list ...

I have never found the time to implement it, especially as I always put
the web tier and the business tier on the same JVM in all my projects,
for better performance (So far, I have always used a front end load
balancer instead of internal clustering to load balance from web tier to
business tier).

We are actually waiting for someone to help us here ... hint hint ...
:-)

I don't think it's a big deal. Especially as I have done all the needed
refactorings on Cactus client side to support different protocols (and
not only HTTP). I have actually already started implementing an MDB
redirector to unit tests MDBs using JMS from cactus client side. So the
structure and ability is there.

If you wish to help us, I can show exactly what has to be done.
Unfortunately I can't do it myself at this point in time as I'm
completely swamped by work (by daytime and nighttime :-)).

Tell us what you think ?

Thanks
-Vincent