From "Vincent Massol" <vmas...@octo.com>
Subject RE: Log properites setup in Cactus 1.4
Date Wed, 07 Aug 2002 07:25:37 GMT
Hi Shane,

Almost, but not quite ... You could define different appenders for
different categories. However, some classes are used both on the client
and server side so there is no way to differentiate them. So, the strict
answer is no. Now you can use the same file (BTW, this is mentioned in
the Web site documentation, under the Configuration Howto page). It will
simply contain information for both with the limitation of the file
being recreated for each client side TestCase (see doc).

> In JBuilder, all resource files are copied automatically to the output
> directory.  It is not that easy to specify that certain file needs to
be
> included in client classpath and certain file needs to be in the web
> archive file (web archive file is built from the output directory).  I
> could create an Ant script and configure JBuilder to run it every time
> it does the compile, but it is just such a hassle not to mention I
have
> to explain to others.
>
> If instead of property "log4j.appender.cactus.File", two properties,
> maybe "log4j.appender.cactus.server.File" and
> "log4j.appender.cactus.client.File" are used to specify the server and
> client log file, it is be a lot better.

Er... Are you suggesting you want to modify Log4j ;-) ?

Thanks
-Vincent