From "Vincent Massol" <vmas...@octo.com>
Subject RE: Must I run the Cactus unit test ? (Newbie alert)
Date Sat, 31 Aug 2002 15:12:01 GMT

jakarta-cactus-13-
> 1.4b1.
>
> 1. For my application, the 'cactus.contextURL' is set to
> http://localhost:80/myapp, this causes the following error (among
others)
> when I tried to run the cactus unit tests using Ant.  I guess the
testcase
> testGetRequestDispatcherFromNamedDispatcherOK is looking for the
servlet
> named "TestJsp" under the /myapp context, which is not specified in
its
> web.xml. How do I get around this problem ?
>
>     [junit] Testcase: testCookieEncoding took 0.11 sec
>     [junit] Testcase: testGetRequestDispatcherFromNamedDispatcherOK
took
> 0.13 sec
>     [junit]     FAILED
>     [junit] unable to get NamedDispatcher : TestJsp

[snip]

This means that your are trying to run the Cactus samples but outside of
their build environment. One of the sample needs a named dispatcher as
the test name indicates. But it appears you haven't set it up in your
web.xml ... If you wish to run the Cactus sample, then you should use
the set up that is provided by the Cactus distribution.

If you wish to run your own samples, well, then, you probably don't need
that named dispatcher!

-Vincent