From "Vincent Massol" <vmas...@octo.com>
Subject RE: Testing servlet access by multiple threads
Date Sun, 25 Aug 2002 14:14:15 GMT
Hi James,

The goal of Cactus is really unit testing more than anything else. It is
not meant to be used as a stress/load testing fwk. That said, I agree,
it would be quite nice to be able to do this.

Some time ago, someone had suggested writing a cactus extension to
support this but nothing has been done on the subject.

The idea would be to invent a new domain : stress unit testing, i.e. the
ability to stress test only some portions of code.

I'll add this to the ideas to explore on the Cactus todo list.

If you're interested in participating, let us know, we'd certainly love
that! :-)

ATM, there is no way to do any multi-thread access in Cactus.

Thanks
-Vincent