From "Vincent Massol" <vmas...@octo.com>
Subject RE: Missing service name parameter [Cactus_Service]
Date Fri, 02 Aug 2002 09:10:12 GMT
What I mean is that you should trigger the cactus tests using a JUnit
Test Runner, not using a browser (it is actually possible to use a
browser but then you need to call the Cactus ServletTestRunner JUnit
Test Runner - it's a new feature of Cactus 1.4).

Hope it helps
-Vincent

runservertests
> > can ping to decide if the server is running or not (this is
> > independent
> > of Cactus). It happens that we are testing with Cactus and
> > thus we know
> > for sure that we will have mapped the Cactus redirector servlet in
> > web.xml as this is requisite. Thus, I have added a simple Test
service
> > in the Cactus servlet redirector to help detect when the server is
up.

> > But if you forget this story of getting the server up, you
> > should never
> > have to mess with the Cactus_Service HTTP parameter, which is used
> > internally.
> >
> > Kumar, in your case, there are 2 possibilities :
> >
> > - either you are not calling Cactus throught the Cactus client side
> > (i.e. you're opening a browser for example)
> > - or you have different versions of Cactus on the server side
> > and on the
> > client side.
> >
> > Cheers,
> > -Vincent

org.apache.cactus.server.AbstractTestController.getServiceName(Abstra

> > ctTestController.java;org/apache/cactus/util/log/LogAspect.jav
> > a(1k):185)
> > >         at

org.apache.cactus.server.AbstractTestController.dispatch79_handleRequ

> > est(AbstractTestController.java;org/apache/cactus/util/log/Log
> > Aspect.jav
> > a(
> > > 1k
> > > ):11
> > > 6)
> > >         at

org.apache.cactus.server.AbstractTestController.around79_handleReques

> > t(AbstractTestController.java;org/apache/cactus/util/log/LogAs
> > pect.java(
> > 1k
> > > ):
> > > 1147
> > > )
> > >         at

org.apache.cactus.server.AbstractTestController.handleRequest(Abstrac

> > tTestController.java;org/apache/cactus/util/log/LogAspect.java
> > (1k):101)
> > >         at

org.apache.cactus.server.ServletTestRedirector.dispatch88_doPost(Serv

> > letTestRedirector.java;org/apache/cactus/util/log/LogAspect.ja
> > va(1k):132
> > )
> > >         at

org.apache.cactus.server.ServletTestRedirector.around88_doPost(Servle

> > tTestRedirector.java;org/apache/cactus/util/log/LogAspect.java
> > (1k):1147)
> > >         at

org.apache.cactus.server.ServletTestRedirector.doPost(ServletTestRedi
> > > rector.java;org/apache/cactus/util/log/LogAspect.java(1k):118)
> > >         at
> > javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:760)
> > >         at
> > javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853)
> > >         at

weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.invokeServlet(ServletStubIm
> > > pl.java:265)
> > >         at
> > > weblogic.servlet.internal.TailFilter.doFilter(TailFilter.java:21)
> > >         at

weblogic.servlet.internal.FilterChainImpl.doFilter(FilterChainImpl.ja
> > > va:27)
> > >         at

weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.invokeServlet(WebAppSe
> > > rvletContext.java:2464)
> > >         at

weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletRequestImpl.execute(ServletRequestIm
> > > pl.java:2039)
> > >         at
> > weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThread.java:139)
> > >         at
weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.run(ExecuteThread.java:120)