From "Vincent Massol" <vmas...@octo.com>
Subject RE: testing simple connection pool utility in Jboss
Date Sun, 04 Aug 2002 18:48:00 GMT

cool

> i've got the teskdefs junit and runservertests compiling i.e. ant no
> longer
> complains about them.

Compiling ? huh ? You simply need to use them in your Ant script ...

> I don't understand the url format

testURL="http://localhost:8080/apexutil/ServletRedirector?Cactus_Service
=R
> UN
> _TEST"

The runservertest Ant task need to know when your container is up. It
will poll the testURL url and will consider the container to be up and
running when it succeeds to connect to that URL.

You can put whatever valid URL there. However, there is a URL that will
always be there, it is the one you mention. Indeed if you're using
Cactus, it means your have defined a ServletREdirector in your web.xml
and thus you can use that URL.

> Also, should I'm not testing a servlet but should my test cases extend
> ServletTestCase?

You need an entry point. ServletTestCase is as good as another one.

Cheers,
-Vincent