From "Vincent Massol" <vmas...@octo.com>
Subject RE: Sample Servlet for Cactus
Date Sun, 04 Aug 2002 18:22:53 GMT
Hi Deepak,

compile/build
> the
> sample-cactus web application.
> So far the experience is not good, I got compilation errors in sample
code
> (org.apache.cactus.unit.TestAll tried to import itself), also there
were
> some problems in ant scripts.
>
> After monkeying with the ant scripts I could build  the
cactus-sample.war,
> but the web.xml file is almost empty. So that also needs to be done
:-(

> Did anybody else experienced the similar with sample programs?

The only thing that you need to do is :
- cd to samnples/build directory
- copy build.properties.sample to build.properties (edit it if you want
to add tests on a specific container)
- type "ant -projecthelp" to get the list of targets you can call

That's all really. If it fails during the build, it means your Ant
installation is not correct (i.e. it does not contain the mandatory jars
in anthome/lib). If you know what you're doing then simply add what's
needed. However, I would strongly recommend you download the prepackaged
Ant available in the directory from where you downloaded the cactus
distribution.

Have you read http://jakarta.apache.org/cactus/howto_sample.html ?

Cheers,
-Vincent