From "Klaus-B Michel" <klaus-b.mic...@db.com>
Subject Antwort: Misunderstanding (was RE: AspectJ needed for Cactus 1.4?)
Date Thu, 11 Jul 2002 09:32:52 GMT

Hi Vincent,

sorry, this was my fault :-))

Datum:         11.07.2002 10:22
An:            "'Cactus Users List'" <cactus-user@jakarta.apache.org>

Antwort an:    "Cactus Users List" <cactus-user@jakarta.apache.org>

Betreff:       Misunderstanding (was RE: AspectJ needed for Cactus 1.4?)
Nachrichtentext:

Klaus,

You've lost me here ... ! :-)

Ok, looking again at the email headers, here is what happened:

- the first mail was sent my Matt Raible to whom I answered,
- then you jumped in (on the same thread) and said that my
recommendation didn't work. The recommendation was about a tomcat
- then I answered, thinking you were Matt Raible
- you answered back with more details saying you're using WL 6.0 !!!!!!

This does not make sense! I think you jumped in out of step, replying by
error to a thread. What I don't understand is that my answer should not
make any sense to you ... yet, you continued the discussion ... !?

Please enlighten me.

-Vincent

---------------------------

> Datum:         11.07.2002 09:39
> An:            "'Cactus Users List'" <cactus-user@jakarta.apache.org>
>

> Antwort an:    "Cactus Users List" <cactus-user@jakarta.apache.org>
>
> Betreff:       RE: AspectJ needed for Cactus 1.4?
> Nachrichtentext:
>
> Klaus,
>
> The error is definitely a class loading error. It means your webapp
> classloader is not seeing your aspectjrt.jar classes. Have you put it
in
> [tomcat root]/common/lib ?
>
> What version of Tomcat are you using ?
>
> Cheers,
> -Vincent

org/aspectj/runtime/reflect/Factory
> > >    at

org.apache.cactus.server.FilterTestRedirector.<clinit>(FilterTestRedirec
> > > tor.java;org/apache/cactus/util/log/LogAspect.java(1k):80)
> > >    at
sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native
> > > Method)
> > >    at

sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorA
> > > ccessorImpl.java:39)
> > >    at

sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingCons
> > > tructorAccessorImpl.java:27)
> > >    at
> > > java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:274)
> > >    at java.lang.Class.newInstance0(Class.java:296)
> > >    at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Class.java:249)
> > >
> > > However, the documentation states:
> > >
> > > Copy the following jars to [tomcat root]/common/lib :
> > >
> > > cactus.jar
> > > commons-httpclient*.jar
> > > junit.jar
> > >  This is the minium set of jars needed.
> > >

> > > --
> > > For additional commands, e-mail: <mailto:cactus-user-
> > > help@jakarta.apache.org>
> >

> > --
> > help@jakarta.apache.org>
> >

> > --
> >
> > Diese E-Mail enthält vertrauliche und/oder rechtlich geschützte
> > Informationen. Wenn Sie nicht der richtige Adressat sind oder diese
> E-Mail
> > irrtümlich erhalten haben, informieren Sie bitte sofort den Absender
> und
> > vernichten Sie diese Mail. Das unerlaubte Kopieren sowie die
unbefugte
> > Weitergabe dieser Mail ist nicht gestattet.
> >
> > This e-mail may contain confidential and/or privileged information.
If