From "Douglas Campbell" <campb...@apexion.com>
Subject testing simple connection pool utility in Jboss
Date Wed, 31 Jul 2002 23:01:02 GMT
Hello,

I've written a simple connectionpool utility which only runs in an app
server environment.   Essentially all it is is a pointer to the name of a
connectionpool created from within the standard jboss config file at
startup.

This is not a servlet/ejb/jsp.

it has two methods

void init(Properties p)
java.sql.Connection getConnection()

Is cactus suitable for testing this?

In general, given a class which requires an app server environment but is
not a server/jsp/filter/ejb, is cactus suitable.  If so I'd a appreciate a
few pointers.

many thanks
-doug

ps - I have looked over the apache/cactus site but may have missed pertinent
documentation.