From Charles Massey <CMas...@corp.classmates.com>
Subject RE: [patch] Two Cactus feature requests (was RE: Cactus - possibl e bug)
Date Wed, 17 Jul 2002 20:59:02 GMT
Hi Vincent,

We are using the JSESSIONID as a session tracking mechanism.  We keep the
JSESSIONID cookie from the first session that is created, and then associate
this cookie with further WebRequests.

The Cactus client code right now makes calls to the ServletTestRedirector,
once to call the testXXX method and once to retrieve the result.  The
beginXXX method allows the user to modify the WebRequest object before the
call to the testXXX method on the server.  The WebRequest to get the test
results does not use the WebRequest that is initialized in the beginXXX
method -- it is brand new, and therefore it does not use our JSESSIONID
cookie.

I would like the WebRequest that is used to get the test results to be same
that is initialized in the beginXXX method, although my feature request only
specifies that the cookies be added to the WebRequest.  The reason is that
for each call to get the test results, a new session is created on the
Dynamo server, and we currently have a maximum of 20 sessions on our
developer licenses.

What do you think?

Thanks,
Charley