From Shane Duan <sd...@borland.com>
Subject Re: init Logging Error?
Date Tue, 16 Jul 2002 23:06:03 GMT
Vincent,

I have tried the nightly build and it is fixed.  Thanks a lot for the
prompt response!

I wonder if there is any way to initialize the log service before
anything else happens, though.  When an exception is thrown when test
runner is trying to construct the test, the test runner will try to
construct a string from the exception, during which the LogService will
throw exception because it is not initialized correctly.  Then there is
no way to retrieve the real exception.  A good example will be when you
provide a invalid file location in your VM parameter for cactus.config.
 None of the test runners I tried (text ui, swing ui and JBuilder test
runner) were able to report it correctly.  I just happened to guessed
the reason.

Other than than that, everything is working for me.  :)
Shane

--
Disclaimer:  I join all the news groups out of my own interest.  All opinions expressed here
are my own and not necessarily those of my employer.

Borland -- Enabling the digital world where our customers have the freedom of choice to develop,
deploy, and integrate applications across the enterprise and  the Internet. http://www.borland.com

This e-mail, and any attachments thereto, is intended only for use by the addressee(s) named
herein and may contain legally privileged and/or confidential information.  If you are not
the intended recipient of this e-mail, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution
or copying of this e-mail, and any attachments thereto, is strictly prohibited.  If you have
received this e-mail in error, please immediately and permanently delete the original and
any copy of any e-mail and any printout thereof.