From "Hugo A. Garcia" <hgar...@oogo.net>
Subject RE: Testing Meta Tags
Date Mon, 08 Jul 2002 17:47:10 GMT

I did have the contentType set... that is what bums me.

-H

Quoting Vincent Massol <vmassol@octo.com>:

> Hi Hugo,
>
> Your servlet needs to define what mime type it returns with :
>
>         response.setContentType("text/html");
>
> -Vincent

Here is the code:

import javax.servlet.*;
import javax.servlet.http.*;

import java.io.*;
import java.util.*;

/**
 * @author Hugo A. Garcia
 * Jul 5, 2002
 **/
public class Simple extends HttpServlet {

	ServletContext context;

	public void init(ServletConfig config) throws
ServletException {
		super.init(config);
		context = getServletConfig().getServletContext();
	}

	/** Handles the HTTP <code>GET</code> method.
	* @param request servlet request
	* @param response servlet response
	*/
	protected void doGet(
		HttpServletRequest request,
		HttpServletResponse response)
		throws ServletException, java.io.IOException {

		processRequest(request, response);
	}

	/** Handles the HTTP <code>POST</code> method.
	* @param request servlet request
	* @param response servlet response
	*/
	protected void doPost(
		HttpServletRequest request,
		HttpServletResponse response)
		throws ServletException, java.io.IOException {

		processRequest(request, response);
	}

	protected void processRequest(
		HttpServletRequest request,
		HttpServletResponse response)
		throws IOException, ServletException {

		response.setContentType("text/html");
		java.io.PrintWriter out = response.getWriter();

		//out.println("<?xml version=\"1.0\" encoding=\"iso-
8859-1\"?>");
		//out.println("<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC \"-//W3C//DTD
XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN\"");
		//out.println
("\"http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd\" >");
		//out.println("<html
xmlns=\"http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml\">");
		out.println("<head>");
		out.println("<meta http-equiv=\"Content-Type\"
content=\"text/html\" />");
		out.println("<title>No title</title>");
		out.println("<meta name=\"command\"
content=\"Browse\" />");