From Scott Sayles <ssay...@fgm.com>
Subject Re: [jetty-support] Re: Cactus and Jetty problem
Date Fri, 21 Jun 2002 22:09:56 GMT
Jules,

Thanks for the reply.  Comments follow.

> It looks as if Jetty is not happy about Cactus having wrapped the request.
>
> >From the spec it appears that this is illegal in 2.2, but legal in 2.3
> - what version of Jetty are you running ? Against which version of
> Tomcat are you comparing ?

I'm running the version of Jetty that is distributed with JBoss 3.0.0.
I'm not exactly sure what version it is but I suspect it's 4.0.1?  The
version of Tomcat I'm using is also the one distributed with JBoss 3.0.0
which is version 4.0.3.

> I guess you must be running a 2.3 container, or the wrapper classes
> would not be present... unless cactus ships with it's own copy....
>
> I haven't tried Cactus yet - are there any test samples with it that
> would tickle this problem ? - I could add them to a testsuite that I
> am building. It just tests Cocoon and Struts at the moment...

There are some samples in the latest cactus release.  They have specific
versions for what j2ee api version you run against.  Currently, I'm
running jakarta-cactus-13-1.3.  One of the samples,
TestSampleServlet.java, tests a forward.

Let me know if I can be of any further assistence.

Thanks.

Scott