From Scott Sayles <ssay...@fgm.com>
Subject Cactus and Jetty problem
Date Thu, 20 Jun 2002 23:55:21 GMT
Hello.

Sorry for the cross-post, but I think this is appropriate for either
list.

I'm currently implementing a JSP web application that I intend to deploy
in JBoss 3.0.0.  I've been writing unit tests with Cactus and am running
into some problems with Jetty (or Cactus, depending upon how you look at
it :-p).

The tests send a request to a url that in turn is mapped to a Struts
action which ends up forwarding the request.  These tests work fine with
Tomcat, but when it's run against Jetty I get the following error:

------- From the test report --------
Error: Does not wrap ServletHttpRequest

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Does not wrap ServletHttpRequest
at
org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHttpRequest.unwrap(ServletHttpRequest.java:859)
at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.Dispatcher.dispatch(Dispatcher.java:182)
at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.Dispatcher.forward(Dispatcher.java:156)
at
org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.doForward(RequestProcessor.java:972)
at
org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.processActionForward(RequestProcessor.java:408)
at

Apparently, Cactus is using some kind of ServletHttpRequest that Jetty
does not like when it tries to do a forward.

hmm....  so this just seems like a change that needs to occur with
Cactus or Jetty.  Is this a known issue?  I haven't been able to find a
lot of messages related to this, except for the following:

Thanks.

Scott