From "Vincent Massol" <vmas...@octo.com>
Subject RE: [Opensymphony-discuss] Status of OSRewrite
Date Thu, 06 Jun 2002 11:03:03 GMT
Hi Patrick,

I thought I fixed the problem you had by making the object in the
session serializable (your suggestion). Do you know if it has fixed the
problem ? Note: This is available in Cactus 1.4dev only.

I have put a distribution of 1.4dev on
http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-cactus/nightly/2002-06-06/ if
you wish to try it.

There should be no difference between 1.4dev and 1.3 WRT configuration
so you can probably just drop the new cactus jars (both on client side
and server side classpaths).

Thanks
-Vincent

I'll
> set
> some time aside to get a testcase of this problem available for you
soon.
> If
> that could be resolved, I'd add cactus test cases to these
OpenSymphony

<opensymphony-discuss@lists.sourceforge.net>
> Sent: Wednesday, June 05, 2002 12:40 AM
> Subject: RE: [Opensymphony-discuss] Status of OSRewrite
>

> > Thanks Mike,
> >
> > I'll be monitoring this mailing list to see if someone has the zip
:-)

> > I'm not sure I'll be able to use it as is (as I'd like to use
Betwixt
> > for XML - Java mapping and HttpClient for the HTTP connection) but I
may
> > be able to use some helper classes. Hey, I may even be able to
> > contribute back some code if I find that it is more generic than the
> > Reverse Proxy I'm working on.
> >
> > Cheers,
> > -Vincent
> >
> > PS: Thanks for the compliment on Cactus. I can see you're also doing
> > some very good work ! :-) WRT Cactus, are you using it yourself ?
Are
> > you using it on OpenSymphony ? I'll be happy to get some feedback on
> > what to improve ... :-)

Behalf Of
> > > Mike Cannon-Brookes
> > > Sent: 05 June 2002 02:10
> > > To: opensymphony-discuss
> > > Subject: Re: [Opensymphony-discuss] Status of OSRewrite
> > >
> > > Vincent,
> > >
> > > As far as I know the code has never been committed to CVS - but
it's
> > > around
> > > somewhere (I sent it as a ZIP to a few people - then reformatted
my PC
> > so
> > > don't have the original ZIP).
> > >
> > > Basically OSRewrite is a filter which reads in an XML file of
> > 'rewrite'
> > > rules (much like mod_redirect for Apache). Those rules can forward
or
> > > include from certain URLs to other URLs.
> > >
> > > Ie
> > > Redirect anything to /oldpath/* to /newpath/*
> > >
> > > I think it's a very useful component (one that we should get into
CVS!