From "Vincent Massol" <vmas...@octo.com>
Subject RE: Cactus now has test coverage reports !
Date Mon, 10 Jun 2002 20:02:22 GMT
Hi Kaarle,

I try my best :-)

> If I understand after browsing clover pages a little it shows what
code of
> the
> software is used in general.

No, it shows what tests were covered by the tests.

> That would show that a remarkably section of
> many software packages are not used at all. Of Cactus code 54% is used
> and Xerces uses only 14.7 %. A lot of useless code!!

It simply shows that Cactus tests cover 54% of all the code, whereas
Xerces tests only tests 14.7% of its code ...

> I assume this means that clover only finds a part of the sections in
use
> by the application itself and especially those sections that are
> references
> by testcases can be found. Am I right here?
>
> If this can be used to get an idea of how well the testcases cover the
> application it could be very usefull to remind us who might be lazy
when
> the system already seems to be working! Perhaps this is what it shows
> but I did not find that after a short look at it!

Not sure what you mean here by "who might be lazy when the system
already seems to be working!" ... :-)

Regards
-Vincent