From "Vincent Massol" <vmas...@octo.com>
Subject RE: How to deploy a bean ina Weblogic server 6.1
Date Sat, 15 Jun 2002 10:33:26 GMT
Hi,

1/ You should use a war (or ear) and not a jar for deployment (it is
much easier). Read the J2EE spec for the structure of a war/ear.

2/ when you say directory structure below do you mean this is the
structure you have in your war ?

3/ your structure looks fine although I don't know why but some of your
files are in uppercase, and they shouldn't be

4/ You have a weblogic-ejb-jar.xml and ejb-jar.xml in your war, which is
not correct. You are building a war not an EJB jar, right ?

5/ The problem is a weblogic deployment issue and do not seem to be
related to Cactus. It probably means that your deployment descriptors
are not correct.

Hope it helps,
-Vincent

weblogic.management.internal.MBeanProxy.getAttribute(MBeanProxy.java:253
)
>                  at
> weblogic.management.internal.MBeanProxy.invoke(MBeanProxy.java:187)
>                  at $Proxy60.isDeployed(Unknown Source)
>                  at

weblogic.management.mbeans.custom.ApplicationManager.poll(ApplicationMan
ag
> er.java:744)
>                  at

weblogic.management.mbeans.custom.ApplicationManager.update(ApplicationM
an
> ager.java:206)
>                  at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
>                  at

weblogic.management.internal.DynamicMBeanImpl.invokeLocally(DynamicMBean
Im
> pl.java:636)
>                  at

weblogic.management.internal.DynamicMBeanImpl.invoke(DynamicMBeanImpl.ja
va
> :621)
>                  at

weblogic.management.internal.ConfigurationMBeanImpl.invoke(Configuration
MB
> eanImpl.java:359)
>                  at

com.sun.management.jmx.MBeanServerImpl.invoke(MBeanServerImpl.java:1555)
>                  at

com.sun.management.jmx.MBeanServerImpl.invoke(MBeanServerImpl.java:1523)
>                  at
> weblogic.management.internal.MBeanProxy.invoke(MBeanProxy.java:468)
>                  at
> weblogic.management.internal.MBeanProxy.invoke(MBeanProxy.java:209)
>                  at $Proxy5.update(Unknown Source)
>                  at

weblogic.management.console.webapp._domain.__upload_app._jspService(__up
lo
> ad_app.java:149)
>                  at
weblogic.servlet.jsp.JspBase.service(JspBase.java:27)
>                  at

weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.invokeServlet(ServletStubImpl.
ja
> va:265)
>                  at

weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.invokeServlet(ServletStubImpl.
ja
> va:200)
>                  at

weblogic.servlet.internal.RequestDispatcherImpl.forward(RequestDispatche
rI
> mpl.java:241)
>                  at
> weblogic.servlet.jsp.PageContextImpl.forward(PageContextImpl.java:112)
>                  at

weblogic.management.console.actions.ForwardAction.perform(ForwardAction.
ja
> va:35)
>                  at

weblogic.management.console.actions.internal.ActionServlet.doAction(Acti
on
> Servlet.java:171)
>                  at

weblogic.management.console.actions.internal.ActionServlet.doPost(Action
Se
> rvlet.java:85)
>                  at
> javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:760)
>                  at
>                  at

weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.invokeServlet(ServletStubImpl.
ja
> va:265)
>                  at

weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.invokeServlet(ServletStubImpl.
ja
> va:200)
>                  at

weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.invokeServlet(WebAppServl
et
> Context.java:2495)
>                  at

weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletRequestImpl.execute(ServletRequestImpl.
ja
> va:2204)
>                  at
> weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThread.java:139)
>                  at
> weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.run(ExecuteThread.java:120)
>

> MY DIRECTORY STRUCTURE STTRUCTURE IS AS BELOW

> d:\mysample\  META-INF\    EJB-JAR.XML
> d:\mysample\  META-INF\   weblogic-ejb-jar.xml
> d:\mysample\   META-INF\  manifest.mf
>
> d:\mysample\ WEB-INF \ classes\examples\ejb\basic\statelessSession\ "
all
> class files "  (of a BEAN )
>  d:\mysample\ WEB-INF \ classes\examples\ejb\basic\statelessSession\
"
> TestXXxXX . class " files
>                        NOTE : examples\ejb\basic\statelessSession\
IS