From "Vincent Massol" <vmas...@octo.com>
Subject RE: Cactus and BroadVision 6.0?
Date Sun, 30 Jun 2002 19:52:05 GMT

HTTP
> > parameter (com.broadvision.session.new) in all the links and actions
> > parameter of the forms ?
> >
> > Anyway, it is easy to pass this parameter using
> > WebRequest.addParameter(...) in beginXXX().
> >
> > Now, you've lost me on the creation of the session on the server
side
> > ... Are we talking about the HTTP Session ? If so, the Cactus
Servlet
> > Redirector creates one by default. If you're talking about another
> > session (a BV specific one), this means that when you write a
servlet in
> > BV you also need to call some API to create that session ?
> >

> Well, whenever I send a request
> ".../ServletRedirector?Cactus_Service=[whatever]", the request that is
> received by the ServletRedirector is

".../ServletRedirector?Cactus_Service?[whatever]&com.broadvision.session
.n
> ew
> =Yes". The "com.broadvision..." request is added to every request. The
> request seems to be altered by the BV servlet container. My assumption
is
> that BV checks if a session (BV session! They have implemented a class
> "BVHttpSession" that extends HttpSession) has already been created,
and if
> that's not the case, the BV servlet container tells the servlet to
create
> BV session.
> I don't know yet which class/servlet would receive/handle this request
in
> the absence of a ServletRedirector... But let's assume I could find
that
> out - would it be enough to simply instantiate that servlet, pass it
the
> request (so that it does the BV specific session initialization) and
then
> go
> on with the Cactus test case?

Then that must be added by the BV HTTP listener which then passes the
request to your servlet (in our case the Cactus ServletRedirector
servlet).

An idea: what you may be missing is the call to the init() method in
your test case, as in :

public void testXXX()
{
    MyServletToTest servlet = new MyServletToTest();
    servlet.init(config);

[...]
}

Maybe BV is doing something in the init ? But the best is to send us the
stack trace of the error.

[snip]

-Vincent