jakarta-cactus-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Patrick Lightbody" <pligh...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Orion 1.5.4 and Cactus 1.3
Date Thu, 02 May 2002 04:16:20 GMT
Nope, my test case isn't even an EJB (it's nothing more than a single line, 
testFoo() { assertTrue(true); }. The cactus and junit libs are in 
WEB-INF/lib and the test case has nothing to do with EJBs. This happens 
after I touch application.xml, which tells orion to reload the entire EAR, 
even if nothing has changed. Very strange indeed. I stepped through the code 
and did a watch on the line causing this ClassCastException. The first time, 
".... instanceof AbstractTestCase" returns true, but after the EAR reloads, 
the same expression results in false!

-Pat


>From: "Rajagopal. V" <raja0576@yahoo.com>
>Reply-To: "Cactus Users List" <cactus-user@jakarta.apache.org>
>To: Cactus Users List <cactus-user@jakarta.apache.org>
>Subject: Re: Orion 1.5.4 and Cactus 1.3
>Date: Wed, 1 May 2002 20:08:52 -0700 (PDT)
>
>Patrick,
>>From the StackTrace, it looks like a
>ClassCastException. One of the reasons why this
>happens(as far as Weblogic is concerned) is if you
>have the same classes in a jar and war. In this case,
>there is a separate classloader created for jar and
>another classloader for the war. This causes a
>ClasscastException. It should typically go in a EAR
>which means a single classloader loads both the jar
>and war.
>
>In your case, do you have any files that were updated
>in the Cactus war but not in the EJB jar or the other
>way?
>Can you let us know the directory structure of the jar
>and war files that you use?
>
>Cheers
>Raj
>
>--- Patrick Lightbody <plightbo@hotmail.com> wrote:
> > I'm just starting to use cactus 1.3, and I got a
> > _very_ simple test suite
> > working. But when I redeploy the application and run
> > the test suite again
> > (even if nothing changed, the app was just
> > redeployed), I get this error. I
> > can only resolve it once I restart Orion... very
> > strange...
> >
> > 1) testFoo(com.opensymphony.workflow.test.BasicTest)
> > javax.servlet.ServletException: Error instantiating
> > class
> > [com.opensymphony.workflow.test.BasicTest(testFoo)]
> >  at
> >
>org.apache.cactus.server.AbstractTestCaller.getTestClassInstance(AbstractTes
> > tCaller.java:309)
> >  at
> >
>org.apache.cactus.server.AbstractTestCaller.doTest(AbstractTestCaller.java:1
> > 42)
> >  at
> >
>org.apache.cactus.server.AbstractTestController.dispatch79_handleRequest(Abs
> >
>tractTestController.java;org/apache/cactus/util/log/LogAspect.java(1k):123)
> >  at
> >
>org.apache.cactus.server.AbstractTestController.around79_handleRequest(Abstr
> >
>actTestController.java;org/apache/cactus/util/log/LogAspect.java(1k):1147)
> >  at
> >
>org.apache.cactus.server.AbstractTestController.handleRequest(AbstractTestCo
> >
>ntroller.java;org/apache/cactus/util/log/LogAspect.java(1k):101)
> >  at
> >
>org.apache.cactus.server.ServletTestRedirector.dispatch88_doPost(ServletTest
> >
>Redirector.java;org/apache/cactus/util/log/LogAspect.java(1k):132)
> >  at
> >
>org.apache.cactus.server.ServletTestRedirector.around88_doPost(ServletTestRe
> >
>director.java;org/apache/cactus/util/log/LogAspect.java(1k):1147)
> >  at
> >
>org.apache.cactus.server.ServletTestRedirector.doPost(ServletTestRedirector.
> >
>java;org/apache/cactus/util/log/LogAspect.java(1k):118)
> >  at
> >
>org.apache.cactus.server.ServletTestRedirector.dispatch87_doGet(ServletTestR
> >
>edirector.java;org/apache/cactus/util/log/LogAspect.java(1k):105)
> >  at
> >
>org.apache.cactus.server.ServletTestRedirector.around87_doGet(ServletTestRed
> >
>irector.java;org/apache/cactus/util/log/LogAspect.java(1k):1147)
> >  at
> >
>org.apache.cactus.server.ServletTestRedirector.doGet(ServletTestRedirector.j
> >
>ava;org/apache/cactus/util/log/LogAspect.java(1k):101)
> >  at
> >
>javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:195)
> >  at
> >
>javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:309)
> >  at
> >
>javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:336)
> >  at com.evermind._deb._lnc(.:514)
> >  at com.evermind._deb._wmb(.:170)
> >  at com.evermind._co._wbb(.:581)
> >  at com.evermind._co._fs(.:189)
> >  at com.evermind._bt.run(.:62)
> > Root cause is; java.lang.ClassCastException:
> > com.opensymphony.workflow.test.BasicTest
> >  at
> >
>org.apache.cactus.server.AbstractTestCaller.getTestClassInstance(AbstractTes
> > tCaller.java:303)
> >  at
> >
>org.apache.cactus.server.AbstractTestCaller.doTest(AbstractTestCaller.java:1
> > 42)
> >  at
> >
>org.apache.cactus.server.AbstractTestController.dispatch79_handleRequest(Abs
> >
>tractTestController.java;org/apache/cactus/util/log/LogAspect.java(1k):123)
> >  at
> >
>org.apache.cactus.server.AbstractTestController.around79_handleRequest(Abstr
> >
>actTestController.java;org/apache/cactus/util/log/LogAspect.java(1k):1147)
> >  at
> >
>org.apache.cactus.server.AbstractTestController.handleRequest(AbstractTestCo
> >
>ntroller.java;org/apache/cactus/util/log/LogAspect.java(1k):101)
> >  at
> >
>org.apache.cactus.server.ServletTestRedirector.dispatch88_doPost(ServletTest
> >
>Redirector.java;org/apache/cactus/util/log/LogAspect.java(1k):132)
> >  at
> >
>org.apache.cactus.server.ServletTestRedirector.around88_doPost(ServletTestRe
> >
>director.java;org/apache/cactus/util/log/LogAspect.java(1k):1147)
> >  at
> >
>org.apache.cactus.server.ServletTestRedirector.doPost(ServletTestRedirector.
> >
>java;org/apache/cactus/util/log/LogAspect.java(1k):118)
> >  at
> >
>org.apache.cactus.server.ServletTestRedirector.dispatch87_doGet(ServletTestR
> >
>edirector.java;org/apache/cactus/util/log/LogAspect.java(1k):105)
> >  at
> >
>org.apache.cactus.server.ServletTestRedirector.around87_doGet(ServletTestRed
> >
>irector.java;org/apache/cactus/util/log/LogAspect.java(1k):1147)
> >  at
> >
>org.apache.cactus.server.ServletTestRedirector.doGet(ServletTestRedirector.j
> >
>ava;org/apache/cactus/util/log/LogAspect.java(1k):101)
> >  at
> >
>javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:195)
> >  at
> >
>javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:309)
> >  at
> >
>javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:336)
> >  at com.evermind._deb._lnc(.:514)
> >  at com.evermind._deb._wmb(.:170)
> >  at com.evermind._co._wbb(.:581)
> >  at com.evermind._co._fs(.:189)
> >  at com.evermind._bt.run(.:62)
> >
> > Any ideas??
> >
> > -Pat
> >
> > --
> > To unsubscribe, e-mail:
> > <mailto:cactus-user-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org>
> > For additional commands, e-mail:
> > <mailto:cactus-user-help@jakarta.apache.org>
> >
>
>
>__________________________________________________
>Do You Yahoo!?
>Yahoo! Health - your guide to health and wellness
>http://health.yahoo.com
>
>--
>To unsubscribe, e-mail:   
><mailto:cactus-user-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org>
>For additional commands, e-mail: 
><mailto:cactus-user-help@jakarta.apache.org>
>


_________________________________________________________________
Join the world’s largest e-mail service with MSN Hotmail. 
http://www.hotmail.com


--
To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <mailto:cactus-user-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org>
For additional commands, e-mail: <mailto:cactus-user-help@jakarta.apache.org>


Mime
View raw message