From "Robertson, Jason" <Jason.Robert...@acs-inc.com>
Subject Log4J Issues
Date Thu, 02 May 2002 17:25:51 GMT
I'm having a bear of a time getting my log4j setup working with the final
1.3 that was working fine with my dev build of a couple months ago. Some of
it was me not updating my property files, but I have found a few issues:

1. On the server side, I need cactus.properties in the classpath. This is
necessary so that LogService can find the 'cactus.enableLogging = true'
property and enable the logging. The docs say this is only necessary on the
client side.

2. The docs also say that default log_client.properties and
log_server.properties files are in cactus.jar, but they are not.

3. I'm getting duplicate entries for each log line. I doubt this is a Cactus
problem, anyone else seeing this? A log4j-1.2rc1 issue?

4. I no longer see my EJB's log statements (I'm testing EJBs via
ServletRedirector). I also don't see any errors (e.g., 'please initialize
the log4j subsystem properly') - I just don't see anything. This worked fine
before.

If anyone has ideas, please let me know!

Jason