From Holger Danske <holgerdansk...@yahoo.de>
Subject org.apache.cactus.util.ChainedRuntimeException: Not a valid response
Date Thu, 23 May 2002 14:04:19 GMT
Hello NG.

First at all: Yes, I know from the thread with the
same topic from 29 Apr 2002 Ken Adjei and I have read
the answer from Laurent Duperval.
For anybody, who haven't read the tread, here is the
answer from Laurent:
---
In my case, this happened when the server wasn't being
accessed witht he correct URL. I also see occur
periodically for no apparent reason. In that case, I
restart the ant build and the problem usually goes
away.
---

I work with an BEA WebLogic Appserver 6.1 and the
Cactus 1.3 from the jakarta-cactus-13-1.3.zip. I want
to test an EJB. Therefor I wrote my own
ServletTestCase. I can't find any mistakes by setting
up the URL but I always get the same exception:

org.apache.cactus.util.ChainedRuntimeException: Not a
valid response

Here is my cactus.properties - file:

# Configuration file for Cactus.

# Each project using Cactus need to have such a file
put in the client side
# CLASSPATH (Meaning the directory containgin this
file should be in the client
# side CLASSPATH, not the file itself of course ... :)
)

# Defines the URLs that will be used by Cactus to call
it's redirectors.
# You need to specify in these URLs the webapp context
that you use for your
# application. In the example below, the context is
"test".

# Web app Context under which our application to test
runs
cactus.contextURL =
http://localhost:7002/TestBenutzerZugriff

# Default Servlet Redirector Name. Used by
ServletTestCase test cases.
cactus.servletRedirectorName = ServletRedirector

# Default JSP Redirector Name. Used by JspTestCase
test cases.
#cactus.jspRedirectorName = JspRedirector

# Default Filter Redirector Name. Used by
FilterTestCase test cases.
#cactus.filterRedirectorName = FilterRedirector

# Enable Cactus internal logging
#cactus.enableLogging = true

Here is my web.xml

<!DOCTYPE web-app PUBLIC '-//Sun Microsystems,
Inc.//DTD Web Application 2.2//EN'
'http://java.sun.com/j2ee/dtds/web-app_2.2.dtd'>

<web-app>
  <display-name></display-name>
  <description></description>

  <servlet>
    <servlet-name>ServletRedirector</servlet-name>

<servlet-class>org.apache.cactus.server.ServletTestRedirector</servlet-class>
  </servlet>

  <servlet-mapping>
    <servlet-name>ServletRedirector</servlet-name>
    <url-pattern>/ServletRedirector/</url-pattern>
  </servlet-mapping>

  <ejb-ref>

<ejb-ref-name>de.jdi.ejb.ServiceLocatorHome</ejb-ref-name>
    <ejb-ref-type>Session</ejb-ref-type>
    <home>de.jdi.ejb.ServiceLocatorHome</home>
    <remote>de.jdi.ejb.ServiceLocator</remote>
  </ejb-ref>

</web-app>

Here is my weblogic.xml

<!DOCTYPE weblogic-web-app PUBLIC "-//BEA Systems,
Inc.//DTD Web Application 6.0//EN"
"http://www.bea.com/servers/wls600/dtd/weblogic-web-jar.dtd">

<weblogic-web-app>
  <description>WebLogic Descriptor</description>

  <reference-descriptor>
    <ejb-reference-description>
      <ejb-ref-name>
        de.jdi.ejb.ServiceLocatorHome
      </ejb-ref-name>
      <jndi-name>
        de.jdi.ejb.ServiceLocatorHome
      </jndi-name>
    </ejb-reference-description>
  </reference-descriptor>
</weblogic-web-app>

Does anybody have an idea, why I get this error?

Please help.

JD