From ken adjei <kencac...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: endxxx and beginxxx
Date Thu, 02 May 2002 13:17:25 GMT

Ok I have read the how works document and I interpreted the sections where it said
the Junit TestRunner  calls a TestCase.runTest() method. This method looks for a beginxxx(WebRequest)
method and executes it if one is found.
This is executed on the client side (i.e. not in a server engine). The WebRequest parameter
passed to the beginXXX() method is used to set the HTTP headers, the HTTP parameters, ...
that will be sent in step 2 to the Redirector proxy.
2.The YYYTestCase.runTest() method then opens an HTTP connection to the Redirector proxy.
All the parameters set up in the beginXXX() method are sent in the HTTP request (HTTP headers,
HTTP parameters, ...)

q)myComment(I would take this to be like a setUp in that you are doing a fixture) please correct
me if I'm wrong

8.If no exception occurred, the YYYTestCase.runTest() method looks for an endXXX(org.apache.cactus.WebResponse)
or endXXX(com.meterware.httpunit.WebResponse) method and executes it if found. At this stage,
you have the opportunity to check returned HTTP headers, Cookies and the servlet output stream
in the endXXX() method, again using JUnit asserts and helper utility classes provided by Cactus.

intentional