From laurent.duper...@masq.ca
Subject Question on packaging webapp for tests
Date Wed, 01 May 2002 16:28:44 GMT
Hi,

Does someone have some pointers on how to apply the info in

http://jakarta.apache.org/cactus/howto_ejb_j2eeri.html

to Weblogic? I'm trying to set up a test for one of my EJB's. The ejeb is
built using Ant and it normally doesn't gor into a war. It's usually
included in the ear of an application which needs it to function properly.
But in my case it fails and I'm sure it's due to packaging and deploying the
EJB. In my WebApp, I end up with a structure like this:

WEB-INF/classes/<all the classes for my bean>
WEB-INF/lib/<all the support jars needed>
WEB-INF/web.xml

Now, when I try to run the tests, I get an error like this:

Unable to resolve comp/foo_request/ Resolved: 'comp' Unresolved:'foo_request'
    [junit] javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: Unable to resolve
	comp/foo_request/ Resolved: 'comp' Unresolved:'foo_request' ; remaining name ''

So it's obviously a packaging (deployement) problem. Should I be putting all my stuff in an
EAR file and running my tests on the ear file? Or is there a better way to
package my web app that I'm not seeing?

Thanks,

Laurent Duperval <mailto:laurent.duperval@masq.ca>

THE LAW OF THE PERVERSITY OF NATURE
    You cannot determine beforehand which side of the bread to butter.