From "Vincent Massol" <vmas...@octo.com>
Subject RE: endxxx and beginxxx
Date Thu, 02 May 2002 10:37:27 GMT
Hi Ken,

The only thing the JUnit TestRunner does is to run all TestCase in a
suite. Thus it runs the ServletTestCase/JspTestCase/FilterTestCase who
all run beginXXX, testXXX and endXXX. You should read the "how it works"
tutorial if you're interested in how it works. If you're just interested
in running tests, you should read the "TestCase Howto" tutorial.

> The reason for this, is because I have populated the request object
with
> attributes in the beginxxx method  and was expecting to be able to
> retrieve it i endxxx methods
>
> I'm sorry but i find the cactus documentation to be abit misleading

Can you point to me to which documentation in particular you are
referring to so that we can improve it ?

> because I thought these methods work like the setUp and tearDown
methods
> in Junit

why do you think that ?

> Can any one advise hopefully give me a better explaination

Thanks
-Vincent