From "Vincent Massol" <vmas...@octo.com>
Subject RE: testSendCookie error - TestSampleServlet
Date Thu, 23 May 2002 08:42:45 GMT
Hi Roger,

Ah yes, you're right. I am testing with my container running on the same
machine. You have a good point. I shall mention this somewhere in the
Samples Howto. Thanks.

> By the way, I think CACTUS is an excellent program. I wonder if  there
is
> a design document like class
> diagram etc. available for users to read. On the other side that in
the
> future, we probably met similar
> problems. Things will be easier If we can print out messages to figure
out
> if is caused by the wrong way to
> use CACTUS or some thing wrong with the program under test.

Thanks for the compliment. Yes, there are design documents. Check
http://jakarta.apache.org/cactus/how_it_works.html

(there is a UML sequence diagram if you click on the link at the top of
the page) + textual explanations.

Is that what you meant ?
Thanks
-Vincent

> Roger

Does
> > any
> > > one have idea about that? I am using iplanet 6 web server on
DS-10.
> > cactus
> > > version is 1.3 as well.
> > >

> > > ........E.E....
> > > Time: 1.647
> > > There were 2 errors:
> > > 1) testSendCookie(org.apache.cactus.sample.TestSampleServlet)
> > > java.lang.NullPointerException
> > >         at

org.apache.cactus.client.HttpClientHelper.addCookies(HttpClientHelper.ja
> > va
> > > ;org/apache/cactus/util/log/LogAspect.java(1k):406)
> > >         at

org.apache.cactus.client.HttpClientHelper.dispatch22_connect(HttpClientH
> > el
> > > per.java;org/apache/cactus/util/log/LogAspect.java(1k):165)
> > >         at

org.apache.cactus.client.HttpClientHelper.around22_connect(HttpClientHel
> > pe
> > > r.java;org/apache/cactus/util/log/LogAspect.java(1k):1221)
> > >         at

org.apache.cactus.client.HttpClientHelper.connect(HttpClientHelper.java;
> > or
> > > g/apache/cactus/util/log/LogAspect.java(1k):125)
> > >         at

org.apache.cactus.client.AbstractHttpClient.callRunTest(AbstractHttpClie
> > nt
> > > .java;org/apache/cactus/util/log/LogAspect.java(1k):188)
> > >         at

org.apache.cactus.client.AbstractHttpClient.dispatch1_doTest(AbstractHtt
> > pC
> > > lient.java;org/apache/cactus/util/log/LogAspect.java(1k):120)
> > >         at

org.apache.cactus.client.AbstractHttpClient.around1_doTest(AbstractHttpC
> > li
> > > ent.java;org/apache/cactus/util/log/LogAspect.java(1k):1221)
> > >         at

org.apache.cactus.client.AbstractHttpClient.doTest(AbstractHttpClient.ja
> > va
> > > ;org/apache/cactus/util/log/LogAspect.java(1k):115)
> > >         at

org.apache.cactus.AbstractTestCase.runGenericTest(AbstractTestCase.java:
> > 45
> > > 7)
> > >         at

org.apache.cactus.ServletTestCase.runTest(ServletTestCase.java:133)
> > >         at

org.apache.cactus.AbstractTestCase.runBare(AbstractTestCase.java:400)
> > >         at

org.apache.cactus.sample.TestSampleServlet.main(TestSampleServlet.java:9
> > 6)
> > > 2)
testSendMultipleCookies(org.apache.cactus.sample.TestSampleServlet)